I recorded this on a whim via Facebook Live, but I wanted to keep it here as a reminder of helpful tips if you are quarantined with your kids. I have 4 kids, 2 dogs and 1 husband. I feel you and I know it’s a change, but you got this!
So here are some tips. Feel free to add your own in a comment.
1. Toilet paper is needed cause your going to have people home all day long using your bathrooms and toilet paper instead of the schools.
2. Expect more messes and interruptions. More dishes, more laundry more stuff.
3.Find a home for all their school papers. They will find any flat surface to land on. Get a binder to put all their papers in and designate a location to house all their school stuff.
4.For OCD people you will be tested a lot , just come up with a system to put all their stuff. www.learndobecome.com is a great resource to learn how to create new systems.
5. Expect for your house and life to be a little messier in this season.
6. Use your planner and write down what you are going to do for the day. Make a schedule for your Kids and yourself. A morning routine, afternoon routine, evening routine.
7. You will have LOTS of interruptions.
8. Think about what you will make for dinner earlier in the morning.
9. Become familiar with your Instant Pot and Crock Pot.
10. Managers of their Schools by Steve and Teri Maxwell. (Great resource) https://www.titus2.com/managers-of-thei…
11. With multiple children have the older ones work with the younger ones. Have your kids work in teams on their school work.
12. Your sleep schedule will be off some. It’s okay. You make the rules for your home.
13. You are going to get angry. Your kids will push your buttons. If you are out of control they are in control.
14. Give breaks every 50 minutes at least. Don’t expect kids to sit and work for 5-8 hrs straight on their school work.
15. Take breaks and listen to music. Have a dance and clean up party.
16.Let the kids be on the screens some. There are a lot of educational resources out there on the web.
17. Put yourself in timeout and walk away every once in a while. Pause and chill out if you don’t get everything checked off the list.
18. Let Dad be the Principal.
19. Expect interruptions all day long.
20. Take a deep breath, wash your hands, use this time to get those house projects done.
21. Solutions to earn money from home – Contact my husband Clay to make sure your online presence is up to date. www.steamworks.io – get your website up and running and working properly.
VIPKID – Teach kids in China English https://m.vipkidteachers.com/…/personal…
Join Beachbody as a customer or Coach www.beachbodycoach.com/paigeeavenson
Sell or Buy Essential Oils www.mydoterra.com/paigeeavenson
22.Start writing that book, or create a blog or a course.
23. Stop the panic, wash your hands, Pray and read a great book. You are going to be okay!
I’ll share all this over on www.paigeeavenson.com and feel free to Share this video.
Thanks for watching!!